Once you have learnt to manage your new state of Zelliephoria, take a minute to learn how to care for your new best friend. Don’t worry, it doesn’t have many diva qualities, but there are a few things you need to know to ensure a happy relationship.
1) If you have our backpack, try to avoid carrying it with just one strap for too long. This will put unnecessary strain on the strap – more importantly it’s bad for your back.
2) The lining is fully waterproof so just use a water wipe or damp cloth to clean it. Let your bag air dry completely before you put it away or use it. If you don’t, you might end up with mould, which is not the look you want!
3) The good news is that PU leather is really easy to clean if you do it the right way. Use water wipes or a damp cloth but avoiding getting the area too wet. Don’t use a scouring pad or anything that might scratch the fabric. Towel it dry afterwards.
4) When the bag is not in use, stuff it with newspaper or clothing to keep its shape. Try not to hang it up by its straps or pile other items on top of it. Avoid storing it in plastic, but use a cotton bag so it can breathe.
5) If anything you carry makes your bag smell, simply fill a small container with coffee granules or baking powder and leave it open inside the bag for 48 hours.
6) Never keep your bag near a radiator or in direct sunlight. PU acts just like leather when it comes to heat and sunlight which can cause it to split or crack.
7) For an occasional freshen-up, spray a little bit of your favourite perfume on a small square of fabric and pop it in your bag. A fragranced tumble dryer sheet works just as well.